Impressionist art - some of my favorite works, in particular Camille Pisarro. Although I cannot paint that way myself (my work is painfully and painstakingly realistic). I greatly admire the ability to transform an image into points of color. So the Dharma I received today is fascinating. To approach "now", one needs to disconnect the dots! Just know the colors, awareness of the sense of sight. Because now is more immediate than the interpretation of image by our brains.
If you have named it, it is not now anymore. I have had a sensation from time to time, a sort of blurring of perception, like visual "white noise", sort of as though my eyes lost their network signal. I never associated it with meditation, although I have been aware of the state as being one of extraordinarily objective perception. Today, I read the teaching which explains this state, and tried to incorporate it into my practise. Of course, trying is the antithesis of success with such a mind state. In fact, the way to get there is simply to allow the dots to remain disconnected. It works with sound and touch as well.
The other striking ideas for today were about time. We are not separate observers of time, we ARE time itself. Each incalculably brief point of now
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment